During the winter months, we start to use some of our technology considerably more as the long summer days, give way to long winter nights, where we are stuck inside and going out considerably less.
This has an impact on your technology, as you use it more, use it more intensively, or use it more completely than you have been doing previously.
- Are you using things which have fans inside to keep them cool?
- Then take some time to clean the fans, it’ll make them more efficient and help keep your technology working for even longer.
- Working with a screen or two?
- Clean your screens and adjust the brightness down so that your eyes don’t suffer from the longer periods of time you are spending in front of them!
- Taking tech in the car?
- Putting things in the boot of your car can damage them, and not just when you take a corner too fast! The boot of your car isn’t heated like the rest of your car is, which is great for your milk and veg, but not so good for your tablet and laptop. Store your tech in the cabin of your car to keep them nice and cosy, just like you!
- Going somewhere cold? Or just don’t like having the heating on?
- If your tech is cold to the touch, then it is likely cold on the inside too! Warm them up by placing them inside something thermally insulated, like a cover or case. Wait until it’s warmer and not cold to the touch, before you turn it on!
- Warming up slowly instead of placing your tech near a heat source, will stop condensation and stop any glass from potentially cracking. Saving on costly repairs or replacements!
- Cold weather makes batteries suck!
- The colder your tech is, the more battery power they need to run. So make sure you pack your chargers whenever you go anywhere, and keep them on hand when you’re at home!
Keep your tech happy, healthy, and working this winter!